We have a new release for you – version 1.11 of future.dj pro brings 2 very big audio improvements:
- The audio I/O system was completely redone to be much more stable and more modern. You can also now use more audio devices at the same time, with a maximum of 3. One that can have both inputs and outputs (just like we already had), another one for headphones and another one for microphones. If there are more than 1 headphones or 1 microphone the signal will be sent to/from all of them.
- Big quality increase for “High-quality time-stretching” option – this also applies to the pitch/key shifting/scalling. The quality improvement is significant and can be heard with ease with headphones or with high-powered speakers. This is especially evident if you use bigger time-stretch ratios (eg. more than +/- 8-10%)
As is usually the case, this is a FREE upgrade for all of you. To upgrade simply download and install the free trial from our website and if you already have the full version it will automatically activate. If you purchased from the Mac App Store you will get the update automatically in a couple of days usually.
Full changes list
- big quality increase for “High-quality time-stretching” option
- new Windows audio output system using WASAPI (new implementation) or ASIO; DirectSound discontinued;
- new for both Mac and Windows: added extra input device for microphone because sometimes users have separate USB mikes: “Select an additional audio device for microphone input (optional)”
- Windows, Mac: fixed not-working or bad audio quality for “Select an additional audio device for previewing / monitoring (headphones)”
- Windows, Mac: changed latency setting to power-of-two sizes (64, 128, …, 4096) which corresponds to (1.45 ms, 2,9 ms, …, 92.9 ms).
Please note that on Windows you can only control the latency for ASIO, WASAPI latency is controlled by the OS itself (usually about 22 ms) and cannot be adjusted (fixed).
- Mac: fixed audio inputs / microphone bad quality because of resampling bug;
- Mac: fixed unnecessary audio output resampling (very slight audio quality improvement)
- Windows: fixed pre-selecting default audio device at the 1st run
- Windows: we will discontinue the 32-bit releases and do only 64-bit releases from now on, so make sure your Windows install is 64-bit
IMPORTANT: you may need to re-configure your audio routing settings. You will get a warning (plus instructions) if the current settings are not OK.
As usual, let us know if you have any good or bad feedback on these new audio improvements we’ve made to your favorite DJ mixing software.