Installing a Skin

everything about FutureDecks Lite / FutureDecks DJ / future.dj (tips, wish list).
dfkdignasia

Installing a Skin

Postby dfkdignasia » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:12 am

The default skin provided with FutureDecks Express 2.0.3 is very difficult to see. I want to load other skins and modify the default. I see there are skins I can download, but what I don't know is what to do with a skin I get.

How do you install or make FutureDecks express use a different skin?

Xenobase
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Installing a Skin

Postby Xenobase » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:51 pm

You can't change the skin in FutureDecks Express. Only FutureDecks DJ and FutureDecks Pro have that functionality.

dfkdignasia

SOLVED: Installing a Skin

Postby dfkdignasia » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:54 pm

I finally found that FutureDecks express not only loads in "Program Files", but also in the "My Documents\FutureDecks Express" folder. There is a config.xml file in the "Settings" folder. The 4th line of this xml file points to the skin being used. Modification of this allows pointing to any other skin.

Xenobase
Volunteer Moderator

Postby Xenobase » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:10 pm

There are no other skins for FutureDecks Express, you can point it to other skins but they won't have any more features than the Express skin.
If you really wan't to be able to use all the skins mentioned in the Skins topic of FutureDecks DJ Pro, I recommend buying the Pro version.

dfkdignasia

Postby dfkdignasia » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:17 am

Xenobase, the point of using a new skin is not to get new features, unless you count being able to use new skins as a feature. The default version of the skin for FutureDecks Express is way too dark. It is unusable. Since it is possible to use other skins with FutureDecks Express, I don't think spending 7 times the money just to make FutureDecks Express usable is viable. So, while we can agree that there may not be any new features besides the ability to add skins to futuredecks express, it would appear that there are many other skins which can be used.

Return to “future.dj (for Mac/Windows)”