FD DJ LITE 2.5 won't play any M4A files

everything about FutureDecks Lite / FutureDecks DJ / future.dj (tips, wish list).
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
DJ Hoffie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

FD DJ LITE 2.5 won't play any M4A files

Postby DJ Hoffie » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:39 pm

Just swapped all music and programs over to new Dell XPS 17 laptop.

Upgraded software to FutureDecks DJ Lite 2.5 and iTunes 10.5.2.

FD 2.5 imported all my playlists from iTunes perfectly, but won't play any M4A files. All other music formats play perfectly.

Please help!

vim
Developer

Re: FD DJ LITE 2.5 won't play any M4A files

Postby vim » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:51 pm

Send us one of the files to investigate.
Also, did you try a demo version of FutureDecks DJ pro to see if it's the same thing?

What Windows version do you have, how much RAM memory, what processor/cpu, etc?

DJ Hoffie

Postby DJ Hoffie » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:06 pm

I've already replied to you with a copy of a reference file. As I explained before, it is EVERY *.m4a file. All other formats work.

System Information:

OS = Windows 7 Home
CPU = Intel Core i7-2670QM
RAM = 8 GB
iTunes = 10.5.2

This is a brand new computer. Essentially the only programs loaded on it right now (outside of the OS) are FD Lite 2.5 and iTunes 10.5.2.

No I did not try to Demo version of FD Pro... :?:

- DJ Hoffie

vim
Developer

Postby vim » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:19 pm

Ok, expect a reply in the next few days.
We are currently looking at the issue.

DJ Hoffie

Postby DJ Hoffie » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:29 pm

Vin...any word on this issue yet?

Chris
Developer

Postby Chris » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:53 pm

We still haven't solved the problem, but we're working on it. A new release of FutureDecks DJ pro will be made soon (next week) with new natively supported controllers and new improvements...so we have our hands full at the moment.

Take care.

Chris

vim
Developer

Postby vim » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:42 pm

Just go to
http://www.apple.com/quicktime

download and install

DJ Hoffie

Postby DJ Hoffie » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:15 pm

That is precisely what it was. I elected not to install Quick Time on my new laptop when I transferred over my data. I had no idea that FD Lite required Quick Time in order to play *.m4a files.

Thanks for your help...I'm back up and running

Return to “future.dj (for Mac/Windows)”