Players just plain stopped

everything about FutureDecks Lite / FutureDecks DJ / future.dj (tips, wish list).
EastWestBoy

Players just plain stopped

Postby EastWestBoy » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:54 am

Am I doing something wrong? I just bought Futuredecks and i've been mixing for a couple of hours. Suddenly my decks stopped. The blue and orange LED dials keep spinning, but the decks themselves don't play. I've tried everything, looked at every button and still can't figure it out. I hope its not something simple.

Xenobase
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Players just plain stopped

Postby Xenobase » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:45 pm

It could be that your audio driver crashed, maybe with no reason or a bad mp3 loaded into a deck.
Did restarting your system change anything? Check if the master volume is not set to 0.

If all of the above didn't help try installing iTunes (it will install an audio codec), it could be that your default audio codec is faulty.

EastWestBoy

Postby EastWestBoy » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:12 pm

Thanks Xenobase for the ideas. I just finished uninstalling and reinstalling my audio driver and codec and the situation is the same. I should mention though, I tried several different MP3's and they won't play, though they will play on my Winamp player. I should also note that I have the middle Futuredecks version that mixes video as well. (I just noticed I may be on the wrong board as it says above "FutureDecks Lite"), and I have the same problem with videos. Given the reason I bought this version was to mix videos, needless to say i'm dissapointed. I'm running a laptop with an I7 processor and 6gb of Ram, so I don't think that part's the problem.

Xenobase
Volunteer Moderator

Postby Xenobase » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:02 pm

I moved the topic to FutureDecks (Lite is the middle version) because it was posted into Off-topic ;)
FutureDecks doesn't have an audio codec included so it picks the one installed on your pc (with iTunes in favor to others).

I don't know what is causing this problem, you should either wait for Vim to check the forums or send an email to support.

vim
Developer

Postby vim » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:29 pm

I'm a bit late, I hope you fixed your problem. As the guys said, it's either your audio device (or the settings themselves) or you pressed the BRAKE button and the deck is not playing even if the play is on (it's like trying to use the card with the handbrake on). Try to delete your settings (located in Documents/FutureDecks) and start the software again.

Return to “future.dj (for Mac/Windows)”