File Not Loaded

File Not Loaded

Postby wavelow » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:27 pm

I'm still testing FutureDecks at the moment and I found many bugs in this soft, the most are small bugs. I like FutureDeck but at the moment it's a high risk for us to use it in a Dance Mainhall.

One of the biggest problems: Many files are can not loaded in the player. The player give the message: "FILE NOT LOADED". BUT: This MP3 files are running perfectly in all other DJ Software and in any MP3 Player.
And I found the problem: When I cut from this MP3 files the first 3 to 5 frames, then I can load this files in the FutureDeck Player. I use the tool "Dr. Tag" for cutting this "bad frames". After this "repair session" all it's OK.

But this is not the solution for the problem. We can't find and repair all this "problem files" It's not possible for us to check all new songs for the FutureDeck Software. The most MP3 files are have some wrong bytes. Future Deck must handle this files with more "coolness"!!! Any other players are doing this also.
The other problem: When we cut all our MP3 files, then we "cut" MP3 with correct headers too and after this procedure FutureDeck doesn't load this files :roll:

This is at the moment our biggest problem with your software.

The other things are not so bad but not funny. Your search engine is perfect, it's very, very fast. We like it. But the philosophy of the archivebrowser we don't understand. Please take a look on other DJ Software what are good solutions to build a good song archive for DJs. You can look at: BPM Studio or Ultramixer 2 and so on. A very good song archive solution in this software. Easy to handle for DJs.
wavelow

Re: File Not Loaded

Postby Xenobase » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:06 pm

Do you have iTunes installed? As FD Pro doesn't have it's own audio codec.
it could solve your problem ;)
Xenobase
Volunteer Moderator

Postby wavelow » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:34 am

No. We don't have iTunes installed. We don't use iTunes Files.
wavelow

Postby wavelow » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:51 am

Hmm.... OK. I have now installed iTunes and the Problem is fixed. But I don't understand this :? Why we must install iTunes? We don't need it.
wavelow

Postby Xenobase » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:43 am

It means something was wrong with your default audio codec.
iTunes has one of the best audio codecs around, and most important, it's free.

You might want to deselect some of the services of iTunes, as it slows down your pc on startup.
Just press (on your keyboard) Windows logo + R and type msconfig
Go to the startup tab, and deselect bonjour, apple mobile devices, etc. (if you want the full list, let me know)
Xenobase
Volunteer Moderator

Postby wavelow » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:12 pm

OK. I've deselect in the startup menu all things from iTunes. There was only two entries in the startup from iTunes.

Thanks a lot for this great support! Now the mp3 files are faster loaded in FutureDeck than before and no more problems with "no loaded" files. That's great.

What is with the old codecs? Windows use now the iTunes codecs only? Can I disable the old codecs complete?
wavelow

Postby Xenobase » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:43 am

Windows keeps using those other codecs (I guess FDP couldn't handle them properly), if you had no problems with sound before you installed FD then there is no need to remove those other codecs.
Xenobase
Volunteer Moderator

Return to Report Bugs, Crashes