Error on startup

Error on startup

Postby Xenobase » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:12 pm

Everytime I start FutureDecks Pro I get the following error (Popup):
"Can't find registery record". I had this for let's say 2 months (started with the 1.5.0 version),
and still having it with the current version. Only thing that's changed is that now I get this error 3x in a row,
with version 1.5.0 I had it once on every startup.
I didn't mind in the beginning that I was getting this error, as it didn't seem to affect FD.
Though it's getting quite annoying now that I get this error 3 times.

Windows 7 Ultimate (Build 7100) x64
Core 2 Duo E7200 (@2.53 -> had it running at 3.20 untill recently)
P5K-E Wifi App
4096MB RAM
Asus 9600GT 1 GB

Using FutureDecks Pro in combination with the RDJ2IE
Xenobase
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Error on startup

Postby wooly138 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:24 pm

I dont know alot about registery errors and nothing about windows 7. But I do use a registery tool on my vista system. It freeware (free) and has a quick fix button or advanced options.

Check it out at http://www.tweaknow.com/index.php

Dont forget to backup the registery befor trying any fixes. I hope this fixes your problem..
wooly138

Postby Xenobase » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:19 pm

Thanks for the advice!
I think it's finally time for me to look further into the Windows registery, and get the hang of it :roll:
Xenobase
Volunteer Moderator

Postby wooly138 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:40 am

I know it can really mess things up when its not right. I was having some program errors after getting some adware/malware infections. A friend told me about this powerpack tool so I downloaded it. I ran it once, used the quickfix, everything ran great, I run it weekly now just to check things out.

Good luck.. And if you use it and it fixes the errors your getting, please share with us..
wooly138

Postby tyska » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:43 am

Hi,

I had the same problem, and I mailed xylio, and they told me that it's not futuredecks as that does not use the registry, and that it was more likely to be one of my plugins.

Since I use the same install of XP for futuredecks as well as music production, I figured I must have left a .dll lying around that I had uninstalled, but it had not got rid of - hence why there was no registry record.

I started to delve around, got into the plugins folder and deleted all the .dll's, except xylio's own FX, and hey presto! Error was gone! :D

However, if you're like me using the same partition, it's also possible that a plugin that's not in the FDP folder is causing the error, since I've heard things about plugin shells (like waves plugins have), that can crash FDP, even when the FX are not in the FDP FX folder.

Anyway, long story short, delete or move any FX you have in FDP folder, and see if that solves the problem. If it doesn't, it's time to start un-installing/re-installing plugins (if you use them anywhere else) to find out which ones are crashing FDP.

Also - download CCleaner (google it), as that has a registry cleaning tool, and it's free! :D

Hope this helps!
tyska

Postby Xenobase » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:22 pm

Already runned CCleaner a week ago, still I'm getting these errors.
Though I still find it quite strange that FD _still_ reacts on the presence of vst plugins when in fact FD really shouldn't.
Xenobase
Volunteer Moderator

Postby vim » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:15 pm

Yes, we really need to make a plugins manager inside FutureDecks so you can actually choose what plugins to use and what to disable.
vim
Developer

Return to Report Bugs, Crashes