need help or solution!

Re: need help or solution!

Postby Djdavebomb » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:38 am

Hi guys,
just sated my set and 1 hour in it just stops playing music again, everything works on the midi interface using bcd2000
it reset it I need to go into config and in the dropdown midi input, it says no midi, but I have my bcd2000 hucked up to it.
I select the box and the it is bcd2000 so I select it press ok, then off I go again.

Please please please guys help me with this.

Regards dave
Regards
Dave
Djdavebomb

Postby wooly138 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:46 pm

I have found the BCD2000/3000 controllers are very power sensitive. Any small power spike or glitch will stop the midi controller. I dj alot in open fields running on a generator for lights, sound, everything. I have found useing a small mains 'line conditioner' (not a surge protector) has stopped my BCD from freezing, both in the field and in a venue with mains power. If the midi controller stops, the software will freeze.

Also, if for any reason the USB connection is disrupted (for any reason) a crash will result. In cases where FDP 1.x.x works all the time and FDP 2.x.x does not, these controller issues I have had might not apply to you, but its good to know them.

In the post where FDP said no midi in the config after a freeze, it sounds like the controller was lost.

Good luck guys.....
wooly138

Postby vim » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:23 pm

Very good news: we did find an issue inside FutureDecks Pro 2 which we already corrected.
It seems that on some occasions the ASIO driver just drops the connection and we were supposed to immediately re-make the connection.
It may be indeed from power spikes or computers which have a lot of IRQ conflicts (which you may see using msinfo32.exe on all Windows versions)
For a strange reason the code did not make it in the 2.0.x version (even though it was in 1.5).

So, bottom line: you problem is solved but you'll have to wait for the next release -- which by the way is coming soon.
vim
Developer

Previous

Return to Report Bugs, Crashes