Same track = different tempos

Same track = different tempos

Postby zbr » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:03 pm

Hi
Funny thing - I've got a track which loads as 121.32 bpm to deck A and as 81.64 onto deck B (it also updates the tempo to either of those in the playlist after loading). what is that all about?

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/6207/picture360.png

Can I do something to 'lock' track into given bpm? start it with a heavy beat? would that help? what is the general algorithm in which FD guesses the tempo?

ps. please please loop moving queue ...
zbr

Re: Same track = different tempos

Postby vim » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:43 pm

Most likely the software didn't get the chance to save the BPM into the database. If you exit FutureDecks and start it again it should load the exact same bpm in both decks.
You can also EDIT the bpm value to lock it to a certain value.
vim
Developer

Postby zbr » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:52 pm

I haven't played with the database yet, I'll let you know when I'll have some results.

But today I played with VirtualDJ's loop moving options and the whole command scripting idea ... got me really confused for a while before I figured out the syntax. It's quite a flexible way of expressing interface functions by assigning every possible controller input to every possible command string which you write by choosing words from 'related suggestions'.

I liked the fact that I could assign jog_wheel to loop_length and have it changed by +/-1 beat, or +/-50% (0.5, 100% * variable that you set somewhere else - really smart).

So they almost got me switch.

Then I went back to my new shiny Futurebeats and guess what. I'm back. It's a shame that people will see my desktop if I'll have to change something in Live, but all of my video files (well not ALL, but you know what I mean) started to work again. VDJ seemed to only like mpeg2 from common formats, and FB - the golden standard, ffmpeg ! Smooth and charming.

And it feels solid. It's a good product.

That interaction with ableton live 'blocking' the audio card seems to have disappeared too. Routing is still funky but it's sort of stable so that's ok.
The only serious thing is that behavior of loop_move :>

Can I ask a question?
Do you write it alone? On all three platforms? Is that C++?
zbr

Postby vim » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:57 am

I sent you a PM
vim
Developer

Postby zbr » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:44 pm

Thanks.
I'll keep sending you wish list stuff anyway, as there's a whole range of little things that would put FD more ahead of the game. The whole video mixing department is what I'm mostly interested in, and you should be too, because it gives you an advantage against all your competitors (serato needs proprietary hardware and traktor doesn't do video at all at the moment, keep that and mind, and use that fact for your advantage ! sooner or later it will ! )

most likely you'll hear from me soon again, I'll try to compile a +/- wishlist from an AV artist perspective. I know lots of VJ's (I run polish vj community site at tripzone.org), so I know their needs. I'm sorry if I've been too pushy but it's all with your well-being in mind ;)

keep it positive
zbr

Postby vim » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:36 pm

We really appreciate your feedback (and from other customers too), but it will take some time to actually implement all your wishes :)
vim
Developer

Return to Report Bugs, Crashes