vim
Developer

FutureDecks Pro 1.3.1 just released

Postby vim » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:59 pm

We've just released version 1.3.1 of FutureDecks Pro

What's new/changed (since 1.3.0):
- timecoded vinyls/CD support:
- remember eq per song
- full screen support for some skins (eg.BCD2000/3000)

Enjoy :)

P.S. to upgrade, simply re-download the software from the original link (received when you bought the software)
we released both Mac and Windows versions at the same time (both full and demo versions are available)

the no-video version link: http://www.xylio.com/site/downloads/futuredecks_pro_1_no_video.exe

vim
Developer

Re: FutureDecks Pro 1.3.1 just released

Postby vim » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:26 pm

Some clarifications about the time-coded vinyl/CD:
- to use the timecoded CD please download the file, extract the wav from it and burn it on CD using your favorite software (do not process the file in any way)
- do not use the Master Tempo (Key Lock) function on your physical CD player
- you will need an ASIO-compatible soundcard on Windows to be able to use the timecoded vinyl/CD (any soundcard on Mac)
- if you use the vinyl you need to have a soundcard/controller with built-in preamps (eg. Behringer BCD2000/3000, Hercules DJ Console MK2/RMX, etc)
- make sure your turntable is grounded and the connections are in stereo and are not reversed (left to left and right to right channels)
- you can test to see if the software is getting any signal by using the AnalogIn feature and see if you can hear in the speakers the timecode

About the full-screen feature - this can be added to any skin, but it only makes sense for the ones with standard resolution like:
4:3 modes: 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024, etc (these are mostly old screens)
16:10 modes: 1280x800, 1440x900, 1680x1050, etc (the new wide screens)
That's why we only put the buttons on the BCD2K/3K. The good news is that we have some very nice and new (16:10 wide) skins in the work that we will release in about 1 month :)

That's it for now ... have fun :D

kimosavi

Postby kimosavi » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:10 am

7 hours of continuous programming without interruptions. Thanks for the "Remember Song Equalizer Settings" function. It is very useful when you reproduce oldies, wich need to be altered to sound decently. Making those changes while playing the track create an annoying mess in the mix (people note the equalization change in the middle of the song).

You fulfilled your promise to launch new version this week. Only a delay of one day, than anyone who is a programmer can understand.

Time code is working fine. I will test it more tomorrow. I can´t wait to see the new screens !!!

Keep in touch with us and our WISH LIST to make this software, the best in the market.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL !!!
Last edited by kimosavi on Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:04 am, edited 3 times in total.

DJ A. J. Slye
Volunteer Moderator

Postby DJ A. J. Slye » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:47 am

I like the full screen mode for BCD skins, much better, now I can access all the buttons properly...

Marcus Mate

Postby Marcus Mate » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:35 am

Hi folks!

What about a no-audio-version for Mac?

vim
Developer

Postby vim » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:41 pm

While on Windows there might be some problems with integrating the video, on the Mac the 2 modules (audio and video) are 100% separated and there is no need for a special no-video version. Just de-activate the video window and that's it.

Iceman

Postby Iceman » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:44 am

vim wrote:That's why we only put the buttons on the BCD2K/3K. The good news is that we have some very nice and new (16:10 wide) skins in the work that we will release in about 1 month :)

That's it for now ... have fun :D

just wait new skyns...

the full screen just dont work on my lap... :( the button is desable...

vim
Developer

Postby vim » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:06 am

Most likely your laptop doesn't support the 1024x768 resolution.
The new 16:10 (wide) skin(s) that we will release will work on almost all wide screens and most likely on your laptop's too.

Xenobase
Volunteer Moderator

Postby Xenobase » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:26 pm

Hope this release will make it more stable (last time I try it), I played with the BCD2000 (latest driver versions etc) + futuredecks pro (1.3.0) at a party. Guess what? The whole evening was screwed up! Futuredecks Pro crashed once an hour.. Man was I dissapointed. Don't know what to do next, think I will throw Futuredecks Pro away and sell the BCD2000. FDPro was and isn't worth more than the €12,95 for which I bought it.

Iceman

Postby Iceman » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:00 pm

no problem...
the new version is beter it crash after 5 hours...
just in the midle of the party...
and after half hour playing whit winamp... i restart the fdp... and gues what... it hapend again after 1 hour...

GREAT JOB FOR XYLIO TEAM...

For this we have to wait al most 2 weeks Vim?
:x

when i have the 1,5G celeron whit 1G ram dell laptop... i thot is from the system...
now whit 2x2G cpu and 3G ram... on a compaq sys...
Last edited by Iceman on Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kimosavi

Postby kimosavi » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:02 pm

Iceman wrote:no problem...
the new version is beter it crash after 5 hours...
just in the midle of the party...
and after half hour playing whit winamp... i restart the fdp... and gues what... it hapend again after 1 hour...

GREAT JOB FOR XYLIO TEAM...

For this we have to wait al most 2 weeks Vim?
:x

3 MONTHS WAITING, ICEMAN ~~~ !!!

Iceman

Postby Iceman » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:09 pm

just talking from 1.3.0 to 1.3.1

that's true the 1.3.0 version was the same... so be it 3 months...

vim
Developer

Postby vim » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:39 am

@kimosavi: I really do think that you have some problems with your hardware. It's not normal for the software to crash this often. We tested version 1.3.1 running for 3 days continuously without any crashes. Maybe your computer's memory/cpu gets too hot after a while and does this. I recommend you to test your memory (ram) and processor (cpu) using memtest86 and prime95 and see if there are any problems. You must also consider that if our software was so buggy we would've been flooded with emails/complains from thousands of users -- and this is definitely not the case (apart from very few persons that complain on almost each new version and which most likely have hardware problems or other software/hardware incompatibilities).

We released 12 versions of the software in 24 months --- that's 1 new version every 2 months. I think that's a pretty good release cycle.
Since the 1.2.0 version we introduced native support for 3 new hardware controllers, timecoded vinyl/cd support, full-screen support, eq auto-saving, much better video mixing.
If you consider this nothing than probably we should drastically change our release cycle and do only major releases. (like Microsoft, Adobe, Native Instruments, Apple, etc .. who make 1 release per year or even 1 release every 2-3 years --- we could also charge for upgrades this way).

Anyway, sorry if I bothered anyone with my comments. However, I can promise you that we will continue to further improve this software even if it's not going to happen as fast as you or us want to.

P.S. please refrain yourself from using big red font/text -- it's not very pleasant to the eye

kimosavi

Postby kimosavi » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:58 am

Vim:

Please aim before shooting!!!. :lol: I left favorable comments about the new version above. ICEMAN computer crashes so often, not mine. DO READ AGAIN ! . But I understand his frustration because mine also crashes from time to time, in the middle of the party. (New version not yet !) :D

My computer works well. It have 2 processors (3.5 GHz each) and 4 Gb RAM. It is a brand new Lenovo IdeaPad Y710; is powerful and it works perfectly with Traktor, DeckADance and Virtual Dj.

If you do not receive many complaints it is because there is not many Dj's using the product. Only watch the little amount of people leaving their comments here, in the forum, to note the loss of clients. Many of my friends from here are not using your software anymore, due to the constant crashes. All have sold the BCD2000 and have moved to other alternatives. Nevertheless, I will continue protesting until the product fills my needs because I like it. I know that futuredeck has the potential to become one of the best ones in the market.

We have had much patience. We have waited for several years by important improvements to the product. But, at this moment even a user manual is not available. Many promises, few improvements. Competitors do not need to release updates as often as Xylio's for a simple reason: their software is complete and pretty stable.

Your recommendation on the use of colors or fonts is a kind of censorship. Please, allow everyone here to express their ideas as better we can or wants, as long as an offensive language is not used.

Your attempt to blame my computer (or Iceman computer) of the crash will not solve the problem, but intense tests in laptops done by your team surely will help to improve the software. Perhaps, in the middle of those tests, they will note that the screens of futuredecks do not fit well in laptops. :lol:

P.S. please refrain yourself from creating defective software -- it's not very pleasant to the crowd :mrgreen:
Last edited by kimosavi on Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:43 am, edited 6 times in total.

djreff

Postby djreff » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:44 am

[quote="kimosavi"]Vim:

Please aim before shooting!!!. :lol: I left favorable comments about the new version above. ICEMAN computer crashes so often, not mine. DO READ AGAIN ! . But I understand his frustration because mine also crashes from time to time, in the middle of the party. (New version not yet !) :D

My computer works well. It have 2 processors (3.5 GHz each) and 4 Gb RAM. It is a brand new Lenovo IdeaPad Y710; is powerful and it works perfectly with Traktor, DeckADance and Virtual Dj.

If you do not receive many complaints it is because there is not many Dj's using the product. Only watch the little amount of people leaving their comments here, in the forum, to note the loss of clients. Many of my friends from here are not using your software anymore, due to the constant crashes. All have sold the BCD2000 and have moved to other alternatives. Nevertheless, I will continue protesting until the product fills my needs because I like it. I know that futuredeck has the potential to become one of the best ones in the market.

We have had much patience. We have waited for several years by important improvements to the product. But, at this moment even a user manual is not available. Many promises, few improvements. Competitors do not need to release updates as often as Xylio's for a simple reason: their software is complete and pretty stable.

Your recommendation on the use of colors or fonts is a kind of censorship. Please, allow everyone here to express their ideas as better we can or wants, as long as offensive language is not used.

Your attempt to blame my computer (or Iceman computer) of the crash will not improve the quality of the software, but intense tests in laptops done by your team surely will help to improve the software.

P.S. please refrain yourself from creating defective software -- it's not very pleasant to the audience :mrgree

what more to say

good honest post kimo

salut de montreal
may the music be with you

intel dual core 2.6 2 gig ram
win xp sp3
traktor 3, traktor pro, virtual dj, mix vibes cross(future Decks)
vci 100 m audio fast track pro korg nano kontrol
16 000 dance tracks 1970-2009

Return to “Announcements”